Updated: March 2023
Your privacy is important to The Everest Whole Health Pharmacy.
Everest Whole Health Pharmacy is governed by PIPEDA – the Privacy Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act set forth by the Government of Canada, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (“PHIPA”) as enacted by the Government of Ontario.
- Our Responsibility: At Everest Whole Health Pharmacy, your wellness is our priority. We take great pride in providing you with the most complete health and wellness services, products and opportunities. The same applies to making sure that the information you pass on to us remains private. We have always safeguarded your health and personal information with utmost care. This policy outlines our procedures and guidelines that we follow to make sure we do not break this trust.
- Your Responsibility: You are responsible for keeping your information safe. Be responsible and cautious whenever you offer your personal information. You should ensure that whenever you disclose personal information, that information is used in an appropriate manner and stored safely.
- Information from Children: Although we do not actively solicit personal or other information from children under the age of 13, it is possible for children to disclose their personal information to us. If you are under 13 years of age and would like to participate in our programs and are eligible to participate, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
- Personal Information Collected: We may ask for personal information about you (limited to information that is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected) including name, telephone numbers, age-range, birth date, email, postal address, postal code, location and information about products that you purchase in our retail stores and online . From time to time, we may ask you for other information such as general demographic, family or personal health information or your interests. We only collect personal information if we ask you, and obtain your consent to its use, or if your consent is implied through your conduct with us since the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information, or if our collection, use and disclosure of the personal information is required or authorized by law to be done without your consent.*
- Profile Information: If you register with our website or any of our applications, such as to receive newsletters, health and wellness information, news updates or other information from us such as to have access to your medication records, request online prescription refills or view your current and historical prescriptions, or if you register with an ecommerce account, you will receive a password and account designation when you have completed the profile information. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. You are responsible for managing your account, including but not limited to maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and/or any of your account information. You are also responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or on your account. Any person who has access to your account credentials may be able to access any of the personal information available in your account, including if you share your account credentials with a health care provider.
*We do not collect any personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us or authorize a third party to provide it to us. If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not provide it.
Scope and Application
- We do not sell your personal information to any other third party without your permission. We take reasonable precautions regarding any sensitive information or security information, such as contact information, health information, etc.
- We may also contract with a third party to store or host our online data, which may include your personal information. We will only do so if we are satisfied that the third party is a reputable and reliable service provider, and we will not grant unauthorized access to your personal information.
- Non-personally identifiable website usage information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Under certain circumstances, we will disclose your personal information: when you have consented to the disclosure; to fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected; when the services we are providing to you require us to give information to third parties; in connection with an actual or proposed sale, reorganization or financing of our business or operations, including to regulatory authorities or to prospective buyers and other parties to the transaction who are bound by confidentiality obligations, and when we are required or authorized by law to do so.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, and in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in compliance with the Ontario College of Pharmacists guidelines with respect to the Personal Health Information Act https://www.ocpinfo.com/practice-education/practice-tools/fact-sheets/personal-health-info/
Correcting Personal Information
To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we adhere to the following principles derived from the PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT (Canada):
- Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control and designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for our compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected are identified by us at or before the time the information is collected. The purpose may be identified orally or in writing.
- Consent: Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by us, or as required or permitted by applicable law. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected with your consent or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Accuracy: Personal information is maintained as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- Safeguards: We are committed to keeping your personal information safe in order to protect it from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, use by others and modification. Your personal information is protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We use appropriate measures when disposing of the information.
- Individual Access: You have the right to access your personal information collected by us. Upon request, within a reasonable time, we will tell you what personal information belonging to you is stored by us, what it is being used for and who possesses access to it. You may notify us in writing at our contact address of the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Everest Whole Health Pharmacy
2 St Thomas St Suite 100, Toronto, ON M5S 2Z1, Canada
Phone: (416) 649-0464
Email: [email protected]